Discalced Carmelite Convent of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Our Lady of the Angels is located in the town of Getafe.
The convent of the Discalced Carmelites of the Cerro de los Angeles was founded in 1923 by Blessed Mother Maravillas received divine inspiration to found the Carmel, to accompany their prayers to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. In the early days of the Civil War Monument is dynamited and nuns are forced to leave her Carmel, which would return in 1939. Special efforts and dedication was the then Sister Maravillas, to see achieved the important work that Jesus had commissioned. She and three sisters would form the first community that was originally installed in Getafe, until the works were completed convent, from which laid the cornerstone on April 12, 1925, Easter. From the Feast of Christ the King, October 26, 1926, date on which occupied the convent, the Sacred Heart of Jesus has a lamp that is always lit with light of penance and prayer, generous, with the silent sacrifice of every moment to tune always with God's will.
Source: City of Getafe